Why are we here?
The world needs a different kind of newsroom. Not chasing breaking news, but revealing what’s driving it. Built to cover stories not as they happen, but when they’re ready. Where everyone has a seat at the table. We’re here to build a journalism that lasts. A business model that’s responsible and sustainable.
What’s my personal contribution?
You will be overseeing the scoping and execution of a new series of indices ranking countries, businesses and other entities based on a large number of indicators.
Key projects you will be working on include indices on cybersecurity, prosperity and food equality. You may also work on the Responsibility100, a pioneering ranking of the FTSE 100 that investigates companies’ performance on social and environmental indicators, and Tortoise’s Global AI Index, a ranking that considers countries’ capacity to build and adapt to a future driven by AI.
What are my responsibilities & accountabilities?
- Oversee the development of our new indices, including project scoping and management
- Refine and improve our existing data collection and analysis tools
- Identify and source suitable data
- Lead a team that wrangles, extracts and analyses a large number of different datasets relating to our indices, and contribute to this work too
What do I know? Useful knowledge, skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in Python
- Experience using specialised tools to handle data, e.g. collection via web scraping and APIs, Pandas, matplotlib, spaCy
- Experience overseeing the development of projects
- Enthusiasm for communicating with data and visualising it
- Interest in technology, economics, business and other social forces that are shaping the world
- Experience constructing or working with indices
- Management experience
What do I show? Essential behaviours
- Optimistic, can-do attitude.
- Problem solver
- A desire to get to know our members
- A pleasure to work with: positive, enthusiastic and open to ideas
Interested? Please apply with your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “APPLICATION: Senior Research Analyst” by 23 January 2022.